Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

To Cultivate is to promote or improve the growth and preparedness of something by labor and attention. This is exactly what we are doing with Crane and Turtle Cultivation technique. We are cultivating Nei Qi, new Qi, through the concentrated effort of mind directing breath technique. Cultivation is necessary for refinement of Nei Qi into Jing Qi, the result of which is rejuvenation and vitality.

Qi cultivation warms our bodies, enhances blood circulation and the delivery of oxygen to all our cells. Cultivation on the lower abdomen regulates digestion and elimination by cleaning and clearing the organs for better assimilation of nutrition. Natural detoxing occurs as we sweat through all of the pores of our skin.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you so much for your acceptance of my inquisitive nature. It’s not often I get to draw wisdom from an experienced source.
      What is the policy on male retention in Qibody Cultivation?
      The Neigong model I was going off of previously said that Dantian Cultivation is Dangerous if you haven’t been retaining for more than 72 hours and can damage the dantian enough to negatively affect your cultivation for years or even decades.

Also, I’m sure you’ve heard of the other system before because it’s spoken of often around daobums called Mo Pai. Generally consists of retention, reverse dantian breathing, full or half lotus with mudra, deep “embryonic” meditation or no-thought “true” meditation with breathing only 3-5 times a minute, typically with Hui Yin in as direct contact will Earth as possible with added benefit of you sit with your back against an old, strong tree. Meditations recommended at an hour a day until intense heat can be felt in the dantian and other signs.

Until now, that is all I’ve had to go on for legitimate cultivation and not just Energy Work.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Well I have spent a good bit of time following the Mo Pai threads and researching elsewhere as I had not heard of it before. Although I have seen that famous video of Chang before. I understand your confusion and after looking at just a few of the techniques and peoples comments.
      I conclude that it is a harsh or severe way to cultivate Qi ball. My advice to you is to discontinue the Mo Pai for now as it is appears to be a severe way to develop the dantian and has many potential deviations.

I have been very fortunate in my life when it comes to teachers in the art of refinement. For this I am grateful. I have never searched for a teacher, but have been led to them when I was in great need of healing or ready for transformation. GMT was the latter.

Oh yeah your original question was about retention. GM Tsai always threw out to us the 100 day virgin boy rule. He said it would be more helpful to get your practice started if you abstained for 100 days while practicing, but not many did and everyone developed Qi ball. Granted that GMT emitted a lot of energy to the students. I still lay my hands on people to guide and focus their Qi, but I ask more from them so that they can own it. So save your Jing if you know how, but don’t worry about my methods harming you as long as you practice like the loving farmer, tending to the cultivation of your dan.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

I’m a rare sort of man that actually prefers to retain unless my wife and i are actively trying to conceive and that was even before I was training for cultivation. On that note, I would like to inquire as to something you said. I do believe I know the answer but I would like to validate if I may… What do you mean by save your Jing (Assuming it doesn’t mean simply retaining). Is that in reference to directing it back up the spine?

• Anonymous
      Inactive

Yes that is what I mean. Just at the last moment before ejaculation you draw the essence that is in the semen, with a strong inhale, to enter the Du channel and head north.
      This brings up one of the benefits that is going on in Crane and Turtle cultivation. If you have completely listened to the cultivation portion of the DVD’s and you can listen over and over again and hear something new.
      There is no harsh or stern focus as that will cultivate harsh and stern Qi. After that we are directing it upwards so that there is no possibility of stagnation. The only obstacle would be someone whose bai hui is very blocked. that would result in a headache or congestion in the head. If this happens practice needs to progress slowly so as to gently open bai hui. This process in itself is harvesting Jing and bringing it upwards- without a partner. Not the same as couples cultivation, but very beneficial.

I love this translation/description I read in the secret of the golden flower:
      An alchemical text says, “The hen embraces the egg, always mentally listening.” These are the finest instructions. The way a hen can give life to an egg is through warm energy; warm energy can only warm the shell and cannot penetrate the inside, so she mentally conducts the energy inward. That “listening” is single minded concentration. When the mind enters, the energy enters, with warm energy the birth takes place.

Be like that mother hen when you cultivate.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

So, I’m curious about this last statement because it actually brings up a curiosity I’ve held while practicing Crane and Turtle. At the end when you direct the built energy in the dantian Up… Where is it being directed to and why? I kinda thought the goal was the build it and circulate it within the dantian so I was surprised when I was learning the cultivation system.

• Anonymous
      Inactive

The Qi your are cultivating in LD is still raw and needs further refinement. Your dantian is like an infant and the Qi it is producing is immature. Remember that cultivation is a long game and you are cultivating your entire being. Each session is worth a drop in the big picture.But that drop is invaluable. The dantian is made more powerful by the process of cultivating, not the actual stored Qi. Over time the dantian will begin to brew a bigger and bigger pot. We take that brew and use it to open and nourish the main reservoirs of Qi. That would be the Ren and Du channels. They are like to big rivers that then begin to feed the smaller streams we call meridians. In this technique we are also splashing Qi throughout the whole body, waking up and exciting all the cells. that will happen on it’s own when your Qi gets stronger. You effort is never lost, we expand it. In class with GM people would ask the same question, “Will I lose my Qi ball if I shoot it out my head, I don’t want to lose it.” He would say, “go ahead shoot it out and make another one.” All of this makes the dantian strong and efficient at transforming Qi into energy. Eventually you will feel that a Qi ball begins to form that does not leave the body, but has made a home in you and will increase the benefits of the whole cultivation process.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.